Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Work day 1

So today I had my first day of “work”.  In reality it was just an orientation, long boring, pretty much like every other orientation one goes through in life.  The ride to work however was quite memorable.  I saw a cow, with its horns decorated.  It was pretty cool, and actually made me want to own a cow, just so I can decorate it.  There was this one building along the way that will stick out in my mind forever.  Between the tiny, dirty shops, on the side of a busy congested road in Bangalore, there is an opening.  This opening is filled with lush green grass, blooming flowers, and a huge, remarkable palace.  What’s amazing though, is that this palace, is not a palace at all, but a hospital.  Who would have ever thought, that among the beautiful buildings in the world, one would be a hospital.  There was something that bothered me today though.  I bought a chicken sandwich at the office cafeteria; there was almost no chicken on it.  I got three slices of bread, half an ounce of chicken, and more hot sauce than I could have in a week.  On a plus, they had great egg fried rice, especially for 50 cents, American. ☺

Today’s lesson, hospital’s can be beautiful, and don’t get the chicken sandwich.

You’re welcome,

x

No comments:

Post a Comment